Saturday, October 11

Limbaugh Just Keeps Digging Himself Deeper

Rush claimed his debilitating back pain was the reason he was put on painkillers. The same back pain was his excuse for continuing to take handfuls of the stuff.

Now anyone who has played the game of golf can tell you it's not for the weak of back - it puts you in positions that the back simply can't do if you're even slightly tweaking there. Believe me. I know. My L5 reminds me of that whenever I hit the driving range (yes...I spank the occasional bucket, as it were).

So imagine everyone's surprise to see this at Golfserv just before his ill-fated stint at ESPN:

No slouch with the sticks himself after only playing for the past six years, Limbaugh is visiting Lake Tahoe for the American Century Championship this year for the first time. Limbaugh has played in the PGA Tour's Bob Hope Chrysler Classic three times and the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am twice, making the cut in 2003 and playing on the weekend with PGA Tour professional Tom Pernice. Nevertheless, Limbaugh strikes an unusually humble pose when describing his chances this weekend.