Monday, September 29

He Couldn't Resist Using The "C" Word

As if that excuses him from the wrath of his pals on the right. That aside, I seriously do applaud Bob Novak for his journalistic integrity on this matter. He shouldn't cave in to reveal his sources. It's up to the White House or an investigation to uncover this, not him.

"Nobody in the Bush administration called me to leak this. In July I was interviewing a senior administration official on Ambassador Wilson's report when he told me the trip was inspired by his wife, a CIA employee working on weapons of mass destruction. Another senior official told me the same thing. As a professional journalist with 46 years experience in Washington I do not reveal confidential sources. When I called the CIA in July to confirm Mrs. Wilson's involvement in the mission for her husband -- he is a former Clinton administration official -- they asked me not to use her name, but never indicated it would endanger her or anybody else. According to a confidential source at the CIA, Mrs. Wilson was an analyst, not a spy, not a covert operator, and not in charge of undercover operatives"
Can anyone explain what Joseph Wilson being an official in the Clinton administration has to do with anything?