Wednesday, March 24

In Your Face, Condi! Up Yours, McClellan!

Richard Clarke at the 9/11 hearings today:

Randy Beers worked in the White House for the first President Bush, and Randy Beers worked in the White House for the second President Bush. And just because he is now working for Senator Kerry, I am not going to disassociate myself from one of my best friends and someone who I greatly respect and worked with for 25 years. And, yes, I will admit, I co-teach a class at the Harvard University and Georgetown University with Mr. Beers. That, I don't think, makes me a member of the Kerry campaign. The White House has said that my book is an audition for a high- level position in the Kerry campaign. So let me say here as I am under oath, that I will not accept any position in the Kerry administration, should there be one -- on the record, under oath.
America waits with great futility for Condi Rice to say anything under oath to this committee. And Scott McClellan's conscience - if he has one - should allow him only 2 hours of sleep this week. Screw 'em. Figuratively.