Monday, August 2

Out of the Panic of Cable News...

...comes a little sensibility. Being one of the 99.6% of America that doesn't watch MSNBC on a regular basis (combined with the fact that I immediately cruised the channels without my glasses on when I woke up on to see if I should get out of bed), I can't tell you who their terrorism expert is. But what he said made a whole pantload of sense.

Basically, "plans" don't mean "capability." "Desire" doesn't mean "ability." And he didn't hear anything in the intel that said they were going to carry this out in the near future, if at all.

He went on to say that we got this information from Pakistan's efforts of capturing and killing al Qaeda operatives. The lesson there is that we should concentrate on putting pressure on them instead of scaring the crap out of our own people.

Amen to that...but ya see, we had to drain our resources in that important little ongoing (and deteriorating) Iraq adventure...oh, you know the story.