Monday, August 4

Starving Student Tip Of The...Uh...Er...

...okay so I don't do these or a regular basis. But take it from this ex-college freeloader - I got plenty of 'em that I unfortunately didn't discover until my advanced age. It's my moral obligation to pass along my wisdom - in both politics and gluttony - to a new generation.

Souplantation has locations in 15 states including California. One thing that's not on the all-you-can-eat menu is the Root Beer Float. Souplantation is one of those few places that actually has a soft-serve ice-cream dispenser and not that horrid nonfat frozen yogurt. Half a glass of Barq's Root Beer, top it off with the ice cream, voila. It's the same thing which costs like $2.49 at Denny's - and it's all you can drink to boot.

These soup/salad/pasta/carbo-load places also generally have New England Clam Chowder. My pals Alan and Todd suggest you grab one of the cups of butter over at the bread station and drop it into the chowder for authentic Boston chowder.

You're welcome. And tell your cardiologist I said "Hey" when/if you get to my age.