Tuesday, July 27

MSNBC Night Two

Aagh. Someone got to Joe Scarborough, and he's back to his strident old puffed-up self tonight. Too bad.

Whoa...no sooner do I write this than Katrina Vanden Heuvel of the Nation turned a conversation about celebs calling Bush a thug and murderer (and wingnuts accusing Clinton of murder) right back in Scarborough's face! Joe momentarily turned white and REAL defensive. TiVo time...lemme try to transcribe this.
SCARBOROUGH: George W. Bush was called a killer, a thug - on stage.

REAGAN: So was Hillary.

VANDEN HEUVEL: So was Bill Clinton by high-level governmental Republicans.

SCARBOROUGH: Hold on a second, there's a big difference. No, you said so was Bill Clinton.

VANDEN HEUVEL: There was a big difference.

SCARBOROUGH: The difference was that Bob Dole didn't come up on the stage...

VANDEN HEUVEL: It was by people like you.

SCARBOROUGH: You know what? That's offensive that you would say that and I'll tell you why that's offensive.

REAGAN: What did you say? I didn't hear it.

VANDEN HEUVEL: I said people like you...

SCARBOROUGH: She said it was people like me.

VANDEN HEUVEL: ...not you. Congressmen.
That was a little tense.

So then they have Mathew Gross and Karl Frisch representing the bloggers at the convention. Gross I've heard of, but "Carl with a K" Frisch's last post was Saturday, explaining that he won his way into the convention by raising bucks for the DCCC. Guess he just forgot his notebook.

UPDATE: Ah. Apparently Frisch and panelist Trippi are pals. I thought WE were buds, Joe...sending me the free book and all. *sigh*

Holy crap, I'm growing whiskers and claws here. I better lick my fur and hit the sack.


UPDATE: Ha! Karl responds! Check the comments. And thanks for being a great sport, Karl - which is something I always say to feebly absolve the fact that I was terribly rude to someone.